Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, Department of Radiology
You are here
A trained, licensed MR technologist is available to run scans. Here are some important considerations:
- The MR technologist charge rate is $80.00/hour. This rate will be charged to all studies requesting a technologist based on the actual time the technologist spends on the study (which can differ from the actual scanning time).
- The MR technologist charge is in addition to the 3T scanner charge.
- Training of new 3T MR operators will be free of charge to the PI.
- Technologists are available from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday Currently, weekend coverage is not available.
- CMRR will use best efforts to accommodate MR technologist requests during normal working hours. Please request a technologist at least two weeks in advance. For short-notice situations, contact the CMRR front desk at 6-2001.
- CMRR will use best efforts to avoid rescheduling studies if a technologist becomes unavailable due to illness, family emergency, etc.
- The CMRR 3T calendar now shows the status of a technologist request: A yellow border around a session means a technologist is requested, a green border means the technologist is confirmed, a red border means the technologist is unavailable.
- PI’s will receive an email when a technologist request is confirmed or denied. CMRR’s goal is to confirm requests within 2 business days.
- If a CMRR technologist is unavailable, it is the PI's responsibility to find an alternative person to operate the scanner or change the appointment to a time when a technologist is available.